You are a GUEST. Please, register. Please, register.
Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
DGZ INTERNATIONAL COMUNITY » MUGEN » Tutorials » Tutorial: How to play MUGEN online
Tutorial: How to play MUGEN online
ynvaserDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-21, 8:33 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Dgz Team
Hi all!

Here's a real tutorial on how to play MUGEN online.

What do you need:
1.)2 players who trust each other and won't mess up their opponent's PC after a bad loss (I'll explain later).
2.)A little tool called LogMeIn.
3.)Fast internet connection and good hardware on each PC.
4.)A MUGEN that is working

The process:
Here's some description on the roles. Player 1# is the one who will connect to Player 2#'s PC. Player 2# is the guy whose PC will be used, so he's the one who should have MUGEN set up :P.

Player 1#:
So, go to this site, and register an account. Install the program on your PC, then go into your account. At the "My computer" window click on "Add computer". From the upcoming options, choose "Deploy LogMeIn IT Reach to remote computer(s)", and then click continue. At description, you can enter anything you want. Expiration date depends on you. Click continue again. Copy the link and give it to Player 2#.

Player 2#:
Use the link Player 1# gave you. Enter a name for your PC (can be anything), tick the "I have received this link from a trusted source" box, then proceed. Install the software, then tell Player 1# the access code you specified for you PC using LogMeIn. Also set you screen resolution to something small, decreases lag.

Player 1#:
Go to the "My Computers" window. Click on the PC of Player 2#, wait for the installation of the FireFox plugin (only tested on FF), and after it's done use the access code what Player 2# gave you. Now you are in the user interface of LogMeIn. Use the "Remote Control" function, and tada!: You can see what Player 2# can see on his monitor. You can control his PC just like you are sitting in the front of it. You can use your keyboard and your mouse as you'd normally use at your own PC (express some stuff like ctrl+alt+del, but the interface has special buttons for that.). Set the picture quality to "performance" so it won't lag that much. Now run MUGEN and you are ready to play!

WARNING!
Player 1# can fucking fry Player 2#'s PC if he's such an asshole. So Player 1# must be a trustable person who you know won't mess you up.
Other thing: Player 1# mustn't restart Player 2#'s PC via the user interface of LogMeIn. Fucks up drivers for some random reason (so after windows logs in Player 2# won't see anything.). Can be fixed in "Decreased Mode".
Also, I'm not responsible for any damage you cause to your PCs, it's your own dumb fault if you mess things up.

I hope you've found this useful, happy playing! smile

ynvaser
21 January, 2009

Message edited by ynvaser - Wednesday, 2009-01-21, 8:51 PM

NachonalDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-21, 11:47 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administradores
nice tip dude!
I will test

HitomiDate: Thursday, 2009-01-22, 0:22 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Incredible man ! That is wonderful to see that we can atleast play online with mugen biggrin a big step for MUGEN biggrin !!

PS : mmmh all my friends are untrustable xD i won't test it until it will have a solution sad

Silver Eyes comming soon in your manga collection =P

ynvaserDate: Thursday, 2009-01-22, 0:45 AM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Quote (Hitomi)
PS : mmmh all my friends are untrustable xD i won't test it until it will have a solution

Yeah, don't try it with assholes. Only people who you trust. Testing it out with unknown people would be equal to bash your PC into tiny pieces with a hammer :P

I'm glad that you liked it, guys smile

Message edited by ynvaser - Thursday, 2009-01-22, 0:46 AM

NachonalDate: Thursday, 2009-01-22, 7:21 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Group: Administradores
Im with Hitomi, then stolen all the privates betas of dbz mugen world XD!

ynvaserDate: Thursday, 2009-01-22, 4:44 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Quote (Nachonal)
Im with Hitomi, then stolen all the privates betas of dbz mugen world XD!

Haha yeah biggrin

DavidDate: Tuesday, 2009-02-17, 5:26 AM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Usuarios
Good for starting this tutorial its great! Then it will help a lot gente.O your tutorial is great

"A new light shining in the sky On Earth With Love is reflected in the guide"

DGZ INTERNATIONAL COMUNITY » MUGEN » Tutorials » Tutorial: How to play MUGEN online
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024